Tuesday, July 10, 2012

There is absolutely nothing fun about crutches!

Oh god it could only happen to me!  After a lovely weekend spent with friends, girls night at mine on Saturday for drinks and catch up and then curry lunch at Saf and Ram's Sunday, I only had to go and fall down the stairs lifting Zach for his pre bed wee on Sunday night!  OMG the pain as I broke my fall with my foot was excruciating.. I like to think that I have a pretty high pain threshold so being reduced to tears with the pain was somewhat of a shock - not as much as a shock for me as for my poor little boy who was one minute sleeping soundly in his bed and the next awake on top of his crumpled Mummy!  Anyway, after I had bucked up I took 2 paracetamol and decided it would be fine after a night's sleep.. how wrong I was!  Monday morning started with my inability to walk and therefore a trip to Frimley Park A&E..  After a 2 hour wait I was sent to X ray and after a further half hour was told that I had fractured a bone in the top of my foot and would have to be in a cast and rest it for a week - a whole 9 days actually!!!! ARGHHHHHH!!! So, here I am, unable to weight bear on it and having to let everyone run around after me until next week.  I am OVER this already - seriously I am not someone who can sit still, ever, so this is going to be horrendous.  And I have to hope that it heals well in the nexty week, I absolutely cannot have a cast on for any longer than that, I will go out of my mind.  Not a happy bunny. 

4 comments:

S;) said...

Oh no, hope it heals soon xxx

Kate said...

Thanks hun - talk about a stupid accident! Am so cross xx

Anonymous said...

I stuck a load of acrylics on my nails last night in a bid to stop biting. (bare with me me... 'tis relevent!) They looked amazing but I had ripped them all of by ten such was their interference with my "doing"! As someone else who has to be doing something all the time and can't sit still I can't even begin to imagine your frustration. I think my family would leave me to it after one morning of me! :-D

Hope you are on the mend soon!

Kate said...

Just seen this BW - how my family have coped with me is beyond me, must love me lots because I have been insufferable! They are happily still here though and I am out of plaster, hoorrray! Thanks for your well wishes, they all worked xx