Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sunshine, Smiles, Shorts and Suppers!

What a fantastic start to the summer holidays, the sun hasn't stopped shining since the weekend and we have made the very most of every second, it has been brilliant.  Riggy came home for her brief visit on Thursday and we had a fabulous night catching up, she then had to disappear for bridesmaid duties which was a bummer, but our evening was superb.  Last Saturday we relented and allowed our little girl to have her ears pierced and to say that she is over the moon is an understatement.  As soon as they were done her whole demeanour changed, she stood straighter and couldn't stop admiring herself in every mirror and shop window possible!  She even phoned Steve straight away to tell him of her bravery, was so cute.  That night we dropped the kids with their granny and went off to Matthew and Olivia's beautiful wedding reception in the Village Hall for an evening of fun and merriment.  They had the most amazing cheese wedding cake - it was divine and such a great idea (and Liv brought me round some left overs love her!) it was such a super evening and the bride and groom looked gorgeous, top night - despite Matt R getting epically drunk, leaving me to assist with the tunes, disaster averted thanks to quick thinking ;)

The delish Cheese Cake


Sunday we went to say bye to Rigs, collected kids and granny and headed over to Bluebells for lunch to celebrate hubs' 42nd birthday in style, we had a perfect meal, as ever and then headed back to Amy and David's for BBQ in the evening. 

On Monday Saf and I took the kids over to Stoke Park to the paddling pool but it was so crowded that we only managed a couple of hours before coming home, Kids loved it but it was packed and I kept losing sight of Z in the mass of small children. Kev and I then took our two to the Royal Oak on our bikes and got the kids supper in the sunshine.  I had the nicest compliment paid to me whilst I was there, I was chatting to the bar manager as I ordered some more wine and he commented that he didn't know what my name was (we go in there quite a bit!) I told him and he said, "Ah we all call you 'The Nice Lady' here!" What a lovely thing to say! 

Oh I almost forgot, it was our 11th wedding anniversary on Friday 20th but sadly I was vomiting all evening so didn't get to make our yummy supper, so instead we celebrated on Monday eve with Veal Marsala (similar to my chicken Marsala but I included a little cream) which was divine, a really lovely evening.

Veal Marsala with jacket potato, tenderstem broccoli and fine beans;





No comments: