Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The One Crutch Wonder

Well thank goodness for that - my cast is off!  I have to admit I have been awake since 4am worrying about the damn thing and praying that I had healed sufficiently for it to be removed, I barked at everyone this morning, even my Mum who had driven over to help me out, major guilt there..  Anyway I got to the hospital and the consultant told me that I had done well and that I still have a sprained ankle and a fractured little toe but that as long as I take care and use my crutch then I should be OK!  I am so so relieved, I can't express it.  These past 9 days have been horrible, I will never take mobility for granted ever again, and I am humbled by those who face physical challenges indefinately.   The smallest things were just so difficult and I felt trapped by my own inability, extremely hard, and that was only 9 days, I do have a lot to be incredibly thankful for.  Need to watch my step from here on in, literally!

Last night was the school summer concert, it is always a great evening, a huge gaggle of us get together with picnics, have a few drinks and cheer on our talented and hardworking little ones as the perform on the stage.  Teya did 3 songs, one with the whole school, one with her class and 1 with choir as well as a dance group routine, she did so well to learn it all and performed wonderfully, I was so proud of her.  I am now debating getting her ears pierced, she is desperate but I am just not sure whether she is still too young, I was 13 when I had mine done and kids get so much so young these days.. but she has worked so hard this year and has ended year 3 with a super report, so I am very tempted to do it as her end of term treat. 

No comments: