So tattoos aside, the post was all about the small things, tattoos excluded (latest one will be rather bigger than my others) and so I thought it was about time that I put down some of the small things that are very good things right now.
- It is March, and therefore surely we are due some sunshine!
- The F1 season is upon us, which means heady petrol head fun and the longing for corporate hospitality (or maybe even a ticket for the Singapore GP and to watch the Killers play for £105 as Johnno and his new fiancee have managed to bag) remains a hazy memory
- I have dared to put on jeans that I haven't worn in 5 years, and they fit fine
- There are loads of lovely items to be tried and purchased on NAP (but my credit card was declined the other night, which is probably best, so I shall lust from afar for now)
- I was asked for ID in Waitrose yesterday when buying wine, actually I wasn't directly but the very sweet and quite frankly terrified looking boy at the checkout asked me, cheekily, if I was old enough to be buying Chianti, to which I ridiculously said 'are you asking for my ID because I haven't got any!' to which he said 'no, but now that you have said that I can't serve you!' cue much hilarity from my fellow shoppers and the poor boy looked as though he was about to be hung out to dry - happily I was safe in the knowledge that Tesco were delivering white and fizz that very day so I just laughed, and let him off. Was only one bottle, but rather awkward! Quite flattering all the same, if I look 25 ever, to anyone, then that is fine.
- The price of cigarettes is extortionate, not that I am buying them for me - natch - but seeing as I bought some for someone that I rather love having in my company only to have them smoked by drunken friends meant that I had to replace them - £8/20, WTF. The first pack of 20 I bought were £2.52.
- My little people continue to amuse/ drive my bats at every opportunity, but they are doing amazing and I am very proud of the bigger people that they are turning in to. Z will be 4 one month from now.
- Lastly, for those feeling a bit shit at the moment - all I can say is that it will all get better, be honest with yourself and enjoy everything that is to come.
Happy weekend all, enjoy all of the small things, they make the bigger picture ..
"Say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home
Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill, the night will go on, my little windmill
Say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home
Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill, the night will go on, my little windmill"
All the small things, Blink 182