Tuesday, March 06, 2012

It is March and we have seen some evidence of spring - albeit short lived weather wise - my bulbs are coming through in the garden and I have been out in ballet pumps, woohoo!  It is nice to put a blazer on and not have to wrap up arctic stylie, and I love the fact that my sunnies are a constant addition to my face. 

My gym joining hasn't gone well, in fact it hasn't gone at all - I was told that the Woking one wouldn't take me as my village is Guildford borough, grr and I haven't got around to going over to the Guildford one yet.  TBH it is not really a convenient gym for me so I am trying to make a concerted effort to use my thigh trainer at home on days that are too nippy to be out, but when the weather is good this fair weather runner is getting out there, it is a great feeling although I know I have a long way to go before my fitness levels are where I want them. 

I have decided that I need to get some additional help with Basil, he is really at the stage now where he needs to start working, he is getting bored and cheeky and I simply don't have enough time to do everything that I want with him.  That pony has such huge potential but he needs more than I can give so I have done some research and have found a chap who has just come back from NZ working with spirited youngsters, I have called him and spoken with his girlfriend and am expecting a call back from him any time now.  I am really looking forward to getting on with Baz's training programme and I feel so much better just having made the decision to get someone to help me rather than try and do everything myself.  It is one of my (many I fear) flaws, I am always trying to be superwoman but sometimes I know that I need to just cut myself some slack and let go a little.  Not easy being a control freak!


Cal in the spring sunshine
Baz and Cal, getting to know each other - we have a long way to go with the pony yet before he accepts him, but Cal has been brilliant

No comments: