Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So much has happened since I last updated this!  I have aged by another year, celebrated the Queen's diamond Jubilee in torrential rain, been to Germany and back, survived a dreadfully bumpy budget airline flight in gale force winds, stayed in a hotel room with an en suite shed (Karl Pilkington stylee), seen more tyre/ tyre paraphernalia than you can begin to imagine, and consumed more than decent amounts of alcohol - but I am back to tell the tale!

First and foremost, Basil is HOME!!  Bless the boy, he did so brilliantly at BootCamp, Teya and I went up to ride him on the 28th May and we were so thrilled with him and the work that Chris has done, he has settled right down and is a pleasure to ride with so much potential.  He came home that evening and we have been riding him since, I have Harriett (Teya's riding teacher's sister - still with me?!) helping me to bring him on and it is all going really well.  Some pics of my handsome boy;







The Diamond Jubilee celebrations in Pirbright were fantastic, everyone made a huge effort and all the houses looked fantastic decked out in bunting, all made by the village ladies' fair hands.  We all made our way over to the green on Sunday, fully prepared in true British style with our gazebos, hunters, Barbours and brollies for a right royal picnic!  Much fun was had by all, the heavens opened and it wasn't really dry all day but it didn't dampen our spirits - happily the rain held off for the singing interlude, the school choir did a fantastic job of starting us off and we then all joined in, clocking up Jerusalem, Land of Hope and Glory and other such rousing numbers before the downpour began again and we all retreated to the comfort of our champagne tents. 

On Monday 4th June I turned 33, and am happy to say that my day was lovely and went without hitch.. I got some super pressies and went out for lunch with my lot and the Banga - Ismail family, before returning home to drink some more champagne with Mr before early bed... 4am wake up call looming..

So, early doors on Tuesday I set off for Gatwick, bound for Dusseldorf and the Reifen exhibition, that is Tyre for those whose German is lacking ;) it was a long week but all went well and everything went really well, almost better than we had expected.  I was so very glad to get home though and am very relieved that I don't have to travel away from home again anytime soon.  It was pretty soul destroying being away over half term, but I did get a fantastic welcome home reception, Chinese food, more champers and great cuddles from my big girl.

No comments: