Tuesday, May 08, 2012

We had the most amazing day on Friday - I couldn't wait to get back here and write it all up so that I can't forget a moment of it - but it has been a really busy weekend, just by way of a change.

I leapt out of bed on Friday morning (not something I do very often!) went down to the yard to feed Bug for Mum, before heading out to school to meet our new caretaker and do a premises walk with him - ANYWAY - I was all done by 9.30 so came home and got ready for the day.  In my great excitement I decided to tweet the lovely Raymond to let him know that we were so so looking forward to our visit, much to the great amusement of our friends who just teased me mercilessly... UNTIL he re tweeted me!  I was over the moon to get a reply, and those wicked friends of mine were very jealous, so all good!! Hubs took Zach off to Granny's and we were all set to leave at 10.  We zipped up the motorway to have an hours' child free shopping at Biscester before heading over to Le Manoir.  I got some fab Tory Burch flip flops (sadly they only had my coveted Reva pumps in sludge green or glittery gold, hmm, that's the trouble with outlets!) but I shall talk about them another time.

We set off for the beautiful village of Great Milton, which is a joy in itself quite honestly, and turned in to the sweeping drive at Le Manoir at exactly 1.15pm.  We were shown to the very comfortable and pristine lounge where we enjoyed a glass of champagne and canapes whilst we chose our lunch.  The somellier came over and recommended a bottle of Domaine Henry Pelle Menetou-Salon Morogues (Sauvignon Blanc) from the Loire Valley, France.  Next we were shown in to the conservatory to our table and were introduced to our wonderful server James who then looked after us amazingly for the entire meal. It was just fabulous, the flavours, freshness and textures, just heavenly. Cliched maybe, but it was perfection on a plate. This is what we ate;












I was pleasantly surprised to find a beautifully wrapped present on my place setting, and just assumed this might be something that was customary - until James explained that those who tweet and are re tweeted by M. Blanc, receive a gift!  Just more delight!  Here is my pressie - seriously my face hurt from all of the smiling that I did that afternoon.

 At the end of our meal we enjoyed a glass of the Bellbird Sauvignon Blanc with our pudding, and loved the fact that we were one of the last tables in the dining room.  James came to have a chat with us and ask how everything went, I was dying to walk around the gardens but the weather was a bit too rubbish (and I felt that my Louboutins would have made for some unwanted lawn aeration) so we decided against that, but James gave us a map of them and then asked whether we might like a tour of the kitchens instead..  WOW a full on kitchen tour, yes please!  So, drinks finished we were lead to the kitchen by another one of his delightful colleagues and were given an in depth insight in to the back office at Le Manoir.  Just immense, the kitchens are vast and so immaculate it was so fascinating to see it all live and in action - and I particularly loved the fact that there is a bust of RB above the door as the servers leave with the dishes, he is always watching over them, even if he isn't there ;) Sadly he wasn't there, but it was so lovely to meet his Head Chef and everyone else, such genuinely lovely people, utmost professionals and a joy to be around. 

Sigh, can you tell that we had an incredible day?  We came home buzzing and ready to book again. One of the main things about the whole day was that it was, for us, a full experience and a very special day for us, just us and no distractions, a chance to relax, talk, laugh and just be us for a while, no outside world to worry about - a precious little bubble, even for a shortwhile.  Yes, I looked away when signing the bill but hey, I have worked hard to take us there and for us it was worth every penny.  We are hoping to go back with Saf and Ram in the summer, so it is back off to put our names down on the waiting list, and to putting those pennies aside.  Thank you Le Manoir, for such an incredible and uplifting day, truly sensational food, service and surroundings, we can't wait to be back with you.





OOh and what I wore?  Crap pic but;

Black 7/8ths - Zara
Silk printed dress - Mango
Black Blazer - Zara
Alex monroe necklace
Oversized pearl earrings
Gold watch by Michael Kors
Faithful Blue Louboutins
Marc Jacobs Elise Handbag

No comments: