Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Today I am going to have a quick moan - as most of you know I am a Customer Service Consultant, and, unsurprisingly, I take customer service very seriously.  I also like to buy, where possible/ sensible, quality items that will serve me well and last.  So, imagine my horror when (thankfully at the end of lunch!) I went to cook some additional Yorkshire puddings and found that the control on my oven wouldn't work - the 15 month old, very expensive SMEG oven!  So, I phoned the helpline only to be told that it was out of warranty and would cost me £125 for a call out and to have it replaced.  Not happy.  So I phoned customer services and complained that this was not acceptable and the oven was not fit for use.  The operator has fobbed me off with free parts and promise of call from an engineer to discuss the costs for fixing it.  Quite frankly I think that it is terrible service for a reputable company, I had expected better and will be sitting down to pen a letter of complaint shortly.  Grrr.

On Friday we joined our family in Hampton in Arden for Grandad's funeral.  It was so wonderful to have everyone there to send off Jim Walter Greenwood MBE in style - just as a quick aside, my Granddad and his bomb squad colleagues saved Harrods from obliteration in the late 70's, how cool is that?! - the service was very moving, the vicar was lovely, my cousin read a great reading and Dad delivered the eulogy with grace and love.  It was all very poignant and dignified and my lovely Nana was really touched by the love and support that she received. 

No comments: