Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ah sunshine, how we have missed you!  I have to say that England looks beautifully green due to the constant rain that we have had, but I am not sad to see the back of it and am ready to embrace the sunshine, well almost.. I need a pedicure, and I need to get my white self in to some sun, for a good amount of time.  I have made some great summer purchases recently though so will share them with you now. 

Firstly these Tory Burch flip flops, £29 from Biscester the other week;











This cute H&M sundress only £7 as I had a £5 gift card











This H&M dress £18 using a discount code that I found online



Woohoo, I do love a good thrifty find or two, and not bad seeing as I am not meant to be buying summer clothes hahaha!  I do however need to lose a few lbs in order to do justice to some old and beautiful summer items, so operation Summer Body has started.  I have been running - much easier and more enjoyable with the sunshine, and am cutting back on the wine.  I can't do a diet as such, just eat smaller portions of everything and exercise more, it is a no brainer really. 

Talking of sun, I am all booked to stay at San Gregorio at La Casella for the whole time that I am in Italy in August, here is my apartment and this is a shot of the pool taken last year


.. I really really cannot wait.  My darling Andrew was taken in to hospital over the weekend with some horrid flu type infection, poor darling was running a hugely high temperature and swollen glands and they were really worried about him.  Happily he seems to be on the mend but at times like these I really wish I was there to just nip over and help out... one day...

Oven update - the Smeg engineer finally came and fixed my oven on Friday, but I had to pay him - to be fair he was really nice and agreed that the element should not have gone after 14 months, so I am going to write to them and complain, if an oven can't get hot then WTF is the point in having one?!?!

No comments: