Thursday, May 03, 2012

We are off to Le Manoir!  I can't actually contain my excitement anymore, my working week is almost done, and I am counting down the hours..  Tomorrow at 1.15pm we have a table booked at Le Manoir aux Quat Saisons - a table that I booked for us in February, yep that's right, a 3 month waiting list!  Still, we have wanted to go for ages, and were going to do it for our 10 year wedding anniversary last year but never did, so I decided to book and treat us.  The 3 month wait meant that I could save up too!  We aren't staying sadly (would need more than 3 months to save for that) but are very much looking forward to the 5 course lunch and leisurely afternoon in the beautiful surroundings.  I shall report the whole thing back, including what I wore, tomorrow. 

Tonight we have the lovely Jay and Jude coming over for catch up and a takeaway which will be great as it feels like ages since we saw them.  I am thrilled to report that Steve's operation to remove the filter in his main blood vessel went well yesterday, it sounded like a truly horrendous procedure involving him being awake and the doctors going in through his jugular (!) but he is OK and has left hospital again. 

All the plans are underway for Granddad's funeral next week, my Dad has been such a star, so stoical and organised.  I really am dreading it, seeing my poor Nana upset and confused, that is going to break my heart. But, at least we can be there and offer our love and support for all that is to come.

No comments: