Thursday, February 02, 2012

My husband's favourite breakfast is Eggs Benedict, so on Saturday morning after letting him lie in (generous uber wife that morning obviously!) I cooked us up a delish EB. The kids stuck to bacon sandwiches mind you, couldn't even get them to try it!  I used ham on my own as the rest of my munchers ate all of the bacon, but it was still really tasty.

I use this amazing poacher for my eggs and as long as you lightly butter the egg holders (not sure of correct name!) and allow them to cook for 3 minutes max, they are perfect every time.  I have had it for years, bought it in a small cookery shop in Godalming in around 2000.


On Sunday I did us all Cottage Pie for lunch(recipe in this post), rather than a roast, as we then went off to Cat and Pete's for Jo and Paul's surprise birthday party all afternoon.



Whilst I am on family food, I am probably the last to catch on to this but this Waitrose frozen veg is perfect for kids' suppers, each small bag contains just the right amount of broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn for 2 children, it takes 2 mins in the microwave in its own bag and there are 6 bags in the pack, result!

No comments: