Thursday, February 09, 2012

It is that time again, time for me to get to the gym!  I am officially rubbish at running outside in the winter, the cold hurts my lungs and I am quite frankly pathetic so it is time to get down the gym.  I need to get my fitness back up as I am feeling really sluggish, and I know that I will feel 100 times better if I get exercising.  I have to renew Zach's Key Card, so time for me to get my own.  Am feeling better already and I have only made the plan to go hahaha.

From one extreme to the other, I am doing roast gammon this Sunday as my parents are coming over for a long lunch, which should be lovely.  Off to hunt for some inspiration for accompaniments to the gammon, I feel like branching out in to new veggie territory.. I am also doing this baked cheesecake as it is a family favourite, so it is definitely a good thing that I am off down to the gym on Monday!

Speaking of branching out with food, this evening I am going to make chicken pies for the kids, thanks again BBC Good Food, actually they are going to help me do it which should further encourage them to be a bit more adventurous.  I seem to be cooking a lot of the same or similar dishes at the moment and I need my two to explore their palettes, easier said than done with children sometimes though.

Whilst we are on the subject of food, it was Saf's birthday yesterday and the four of us went to the Victoria in Oxshott for Thai.  We have been there with them a couple of times and it really is fantastic, a typical case of 'don't judge a book by its cover' as from the outside it looks like a rather dodgy pub (not a place I would ever dream of going in to if it wasn't for the recommendation, snob!) and indeed as you walk in the bar is full of old men and their dogs - but go through in to the small back room and there are a few tables set out restaurant style and they serve the best Thai food!  It really is fantastic and reasonably priced, not cheap but certainly good value for money and definitely worth a visit if you like great food.

I took this photo from a rubbish website I found after googling, it doesn't exude glamour does it?!?!  Trust me though, it is worth a visit.

Victoria

High St, Oxshott, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 0JR

No comments: