Monday, March 23, 2009

My rants for the day 1) Baby in Breech and 2) Estate Agents!

I have had yet another night of zero sleep. I found out at my trip to see the Midwife on Friday that baby boy Neill is in breech - and the fact that he has been in that position since my 32 week scan does not bode well for him turning! So, I have been advised of numerous different excercises I can try to get the boy to turn, including going around on all fours (not easy when suffering from SPD, quite apart from the large belly!) and sitting with a big of peas (or wine cooler in this house, have more of those than peas) on the top of my bump to try and encourage him to move away from the cold. Well, it is now Tuesday morning and I have been trying a combination of all the advised excercises and I can honestly say I am not convinced he has budged an inch. So, I have been warned that this last episode could end up in planned C -section, but first I would have an ECV - this means i will go in to hospital, have an injection to relax my muscles and then have the consultant attempt to manually move baby round inside me - now, I know I am a real worrier but this just doesnt appeal. So, I am having to be brave and open my mind to the thought of a sunroof exit.. I have been given lots of great advice from a lovely collection of ladies, and I have to say I am feeling much better about the whole thing, but I am still not sleeping..

Now on to Estate Agents. So, we are supposed to be in times of economic hardship and the housing market is falling quicker than Gordon Brown's popularity, yet this doesn't seem to be taking its toll on the agents in Surrey. We have had our house on the market since the beginning of the year and have been to view a total of around 20 + properties and I can honestly say that with the exception of the lovely chaps at B&W - EVERY ONE has been late for the viewings!! Quite apart from this, their professionalism has been called in to question on more than one occasion and I am more convinced than ever that they will only work in their own best interest. Now I know that it is a dog eat dog world etc etc but seriously where have the ethics gone? We are just about to move agents (after being tied in to a ridiculous notice period with our original and very poor choice) and my only requests to them on instruction were as follows; 1) Please communicate with me - if you can't get viewings or if you think we need to change anything about the marketing - JUST TELL ME and 2) No bullshit. If they can do both of these I will pay their fee with pleasure.. I am 8 months pregnant and feisty at the best of times, so they have been warned. They take over on Saturday - so watch this space :)

No comments: