Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ah ha the sun is shining and the sky is blue - quelle belle jour! Spring is here, and despite the fact that my step isn't actually springing (wretched SPD) I feel so much brighter with the sunshine in the sky.

So, after waking up to this gorgeous day and depositing my daughter at breakfast club in a bastardisation of my pyjamas (ah the shame) I got myself showered and decided it was time I looked at the more summery options in my maternity wardrobe. As I pulled the drawers apart I happened upon some items my lovely little sis had passed on to me following her pregnancy last year, and after careful consideration, decided upon the lovely white short sleeved isabella oliver wrap top that she had lent me, to team with my wide leg jeans and ballet pumps with huge sunnies. Good choice. Now, here is where the story gets tricky - what she had failed to lend me was the army of servants necessary for getting my 8 month pregnant self in to the aforementioned top.. So, I have my arms in and am now holding the eqvivalent of two single bed sheets in each hand and attempting to 'wrap' them around slinkily not only my 32E's but my great belly too.. no mean feat - no matter how I attempted to wrap, I simply didnt have enough hands or flexibility to complete the task as the catalogue suggests, and at the end of it i just looked like a red faced lumpy Mummy of the aincient egyptian rather than modern yummy kind. Not good. With a sigh i unwound the whole lot, dumped it on the bed and selected black leggings and a black shift dress - perhaps I am not quite ready for summer dressing after all!

NOTE - quite apart from actually wearing the thing - if anyone would like to enlighten me as to how long the darn article takes to iron I would be most amused to find out! Let's just say that the ironing in this house is a blue job and my hubby would be less than impressed to find himself hauling the seemingly innocent top out of the ironing pile..

No comments: