Wednesday, March 18, 2009

AH the joys of 'The Bay'! Let me explain. Being off work on Maternity leave means that 1) I have a million and one things that I *need* (would really like) to get done before baby boy arrives 2) I need to be saving pennies or making them 3) My hours of the day in front of the computer screen should be significantly reduced.

Alas old habits die hard, and the shopaholic in me takes a lot of supression. I am working impressively through my to do list, but unfortunately that also means listing unwanted items on the bay. This obviously leads to vast amounts of time at the computer listing, uploading, invoicing etc - which leaves me wide open to all of the shopping opportunities that present themselves with a simple search.. So far I have sold about £70 worth of 'stuff' and have managed to purchase the following;

Antique storage chest/ coffee table
Wax Sticks (for table hubby bought on the same site!)
Cath Kidston fabric
Cupcake cases with pretty hearts on them

BUT I am also watching

Oliver Peoples Sunnies
Vintage telephone
Glider chair
Dresser
Formes Maternity Dress
Dualit hand mixer

To name but a few! At this rate I will be spending more than I am earning - but hey, there are some great bargains to be had if you have hours to trawl through ( I know strictly I don't but you know what I mean) yes a lot of it is tat, but the hunting is addictive - and yes there are a lot of things that I *need* as a lady of new found leisure ;)

No comments: