Thursday, March 21, 2013

All the small things...

This post title comes courtesy of my crazy obsession for song lyrics, and yes I need to accredit the good boys of Blink 182 for this one but recently I have become all consumed with my desire for a new tattoo which I have wanted since the ink dried on my last (4th) one - but my problem is that I am so indecisive!  It was one of my new year's resolutions though so I am sticking to it, I fail at so many, and am on a quest for the right one.  I have had so many defining songs in the sound track to my life that I feel I need to pay tribute and add something to my body but my butterfly mind can't seem to choose.  At the moment I am torn between the rather damning Kelly Clarkson words from Gone and Lawson's rather soppier ones from Standing in the Dark.  Both, in my humble opinion worthy of being committed to flesh but at the same time it is rather permanent and I am not sure about exactly how much I want to bare in a bikini...

So tattoos aside, the post was all about the small things, tattoos excluded (latest one will be rather bigger than my others) and so I thought it was about time that I put down some of the small things that are very good things right now. 

  • It is March, and therefore surely we are due some sunshine!
  • The F1 season is upon us, which means heady petrol head fun and the longing for corporate hospitality (or maybe even a ticket for the Singapore GP and to watch the Killers play for £105 as Johnno and his new fiancee have managed to bag) remains a hazy memory
  • I have dared to put on jeans that I haven't worn in 5 years, and they fit fine
  • There are loads of lovely items to be tried and purchased on NAP (but my credit card was declined the other night, which is probably best, so I shall lust from afar for now)
  • I was asked for ID in Waitrose yesterday when buying wine, actually I wasn't directly but the very sweet and quite frankly terrified looking boy at the checkout asked me, cheekily, if I was old enough to be buying Chianti, to which I ridiculously said 'are you asking for my ID because I haven't got any!' to which he said 'no, but now that you have said that I can't serve you!' cue much hilarity from my fellow shoppers and the poor boy looked as though he was about to be hung out to dry - happily I was safe in the knowledge that Tesco were delivering white and fizz that very day so I just laughed, and let him off.  Was only one bottle, but rather awkward!  Quite flattering all the same, if I look 25 ever, to anyone, then that is fine.
  • The price of cigarettes is extortionate, not that I am buying them for me - natch - but seeing as I bought some for someone that I rather love having in my company only to have them smoked by drunken friends meant that I had to replace them - £8/20, WTF.  The first pack of 20 I bought were £2.52. 
  • My little people continue to amuse/ drive my bats at every opportunity, but they are doing amazing and I am very proud of the bigger people that they are turning in to.  Z will be 4 one month from now.
  • Lastly, for those feeling a bit shit at the moment - all I can say is that it will all get better, be honest with yourself and enjoy everything that is to come.
Oh and I put unleaded in to diesel car today, but thanks to the Bentley's boys all was OK (well so far so good!) they were very appreciative of the thank you beers that I dropped in on my way home.  I must be their number one nightmare client!

Happy weekend all, enjoy all of the small things, they make the bigger picture ..

"Say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home
Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill, the night will go on, my little windmill
Say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home
Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill, the night will go on, my little windmill"

All the small things, Blink 182

No comments: