Monday, January 07, 2013

The Obligatory January Detox

Oh that time again when I think ARGHHHHH, the holidays are over, the weather is lousy and the house is restored to its normal self - so all I see is stuff, everywhere!  So, today was day 1 of operation detox, I have sorted through my clothes, and made a massive pile to recycle, and I have made a start on my little boy's things too.  As well as wardrobe detox it is time for me to detox, I have allowed my wine consumption to creep right up over the past month and for that reason I am back on the wagon! I am ashamed to admit that I didn't have one alcohol free day in December, not one.  That is not good. I would just like to add that I wasn't getting drunk on a daily basis (!) and in fact only had 3 hangovers the whole of the festive season, but even small celebratory glasses of fizz, wine at lunch when catching up with friends etc, all take their toll.  Happily I didn't over eat over the holidays and with all the dog walking that we did I got lots of exercise, so wine aside I am feeling pretty healthy, but I need to cut out the wine cals and give my poor liver chance to regenerate, so that's it for me, well at least until Thursday - baby steps and all that.  To be fair it is my little lady's 9th birthday on Thurs and I have to toast that with a glass of fizz.

The pile so far..

In direct correlation to the wardrobe detox is my resolution to wear more of the things in my wardrobe.  I have loads of lovely things that I just don't wear very often and I really should.  I also need to get out of my 'uniform' of skinnies, longline top, ankle boots, oversized scarf and biker/ blazer.  Yesterday I went off piste and wore a mini skirt SHOCK HORROR and I loved it but felt a little as though I was teetering on the edge of mutton territory.. let me know what you think! Looking forward to getting re acquainted with more items from the depths of the closet.

 
Black L/S Top - Zara
Black leather bomber - Oasis
Huge woollen scarf - Zara
Cream woollen skirt - Formes
Plaited shopper - Zara
Opaques - M&S
Leopard print pumps - Primark
 
 


No comments: