Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I am not really the praying kind - not wholly sure why, I have never been hugely religious (despite my stint as a chapel prefect at my good private CofE boarding school, the only time readers that I would ever bear prefect after my name, and really it was only because there were a limited number of us and I think it gave way to the smoking/drinking guilt that I didn't harbour in sixth form - anyhow, I digress) but never opposed either, I hope for a greater good and I want to bring my kids up with 'faith' but I am sorry to say that I am not entirely sure what that means. I do love going to the services now (maybe smugface that I know all the words to hymns due to my ridiculous talent that is retaining lyrics to any song I hear from Rutter to Lady GaGa) and am happy to bring my children up as members of the church but sometimes I feel, quite frankly, lost in it all.

What I do know is that it is late and I am pondering. My dear next door neighbour was taken ill whilst we were in Florida and further to a number of doctor and hospital visits over the past weeks - this evening we have seen the emergency ambulance arrive outside their house. Quite honestly I feel incredibly scared about what happens next. Two of my incredibly dear friends have lost their dearly loved ones in the last 10 days and my heart breaks for them, it is just so very sad and their sense of loss must be immense, I only hope I can be a good friend when they need me, and a sympathetic shoulder.

To the lovely Bob next door, a wonderful man who always has a spring in his step and an amusing anecdote to tell - a loving husband, father and grandfather and someone who needs to remain with us for a good while yet. So, I guess I pray, or maybe I just hope, but I really want to see his bubbly self restored to our village very soon - get well Bob, lots of people are rooting for you xxx

No comments: