Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fascinating program on BBC 3 - super brands, Abercrombie and Fitch is on now and a quote from a respectable member of the public states that the brand 'projects vanity and superficiality' this is absolutely right, what have they done? Half starved staff in (what are essentially) tracksuits is NOT a good look, although tragically our teens seem to lap it up and have have snapped up 20 salmon pink polo shirts quicker than one can say 'Daddy I NEED an allowance raise!'

I know I am sounding old when I say that it is not what it used to be, it was all American fun once upon a time, but now it is chavtastic clothing for those with a large student loan, and/or a trust fund and with no individual style of your own. One kid even said that they wouldn't be friends with someone who 'didn't wear the brand' ..

But, seriously, have you seen the CEO ??! Urgh and OMG ;) am so very glad that I was over the brand by 2002 !!

No comments: