Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Count down to baby boy's arrival has begun!

Last Thursday afternoon I tentatively made my way over to Frimley Park hospital to discuss the next steps for Baby Boy's birth. The long and the short of it was that after a brief scan to determine that yes the baby is still breech (I was rather under the impression that the consultant didn't 'believe' my Midwife's observations, and also that I rather regarded myself as a yummy Mummy who was too posh to push...) but yes, if I was not keen on trying the ECV, which I am not due to the fact that my Midwife has said that she is unsure how sucessful it would be given the boy's comfort and also that at any complication an emergency C will be undertaken, I should be booked in for a C Section at 39 weeks. The con called to his colleages for the 'Section Diary' and within a couple of seconds a tatty A4 collins-a-like book was thrust in to his hands, and the date of the 21st April was turned to. This was the first date without a myriad of white stickers (the high tech way in which the NHS differentiate between the 'patients') so I was 'stuck' in! I then had to sign a rather scarily detailed consent form, which listed all of the possible complications with the procedure - before being sent on my way, clutching my notes and an equally scary leaflet all about what to expect from your elective c- section.

So, as I type I am still rather in denial about the fact that this time next week, I will God willing, have my baby boy in my arms. I am both over excited and highly terrified about the whole thing, but mostly I am just going to enjoy the last few days of being just Teya's Mummy and the rest of her Easter holiday. My to do list is, with the odd exception, all done - and we are all ready for the beginning of the summer term and for the start of our next chaper...

No comments: