Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yesterday afternoon over 300 people packed in to our village church to say farewell to Trevor Cobley. Trevor lost his fight with cancer on the 31st August, his 37th wedding anniversary, just 2 months after his diagnosis. He was only 64. It was an amazing service though, really emotional but so very well done. I was truly astounded by his wife Catherine, she was so composed throughout the whole service and spoke beautifully about her darling Trevor. As the pallbearers carried the coffin to the graveside the strong autumn sunshine broke through, Trevor would have been very happy.

I had only known Trevor for just over a year, he was one of my fellow governors and a really lovely man with great presence and immense passion for everything he undertook. He loved our school, and all his friends, and was so welcoming and fun to be around.

So, today I have been thinking about life's small details that give great pleasure;


  • Freshly cut grass - I know it is an old one but I love the sight and smell of the grass when it has been freshly cut

  • Hearing my children laugh

  • Cuddling up in front of an open fire with my kids all clean and warm from the bath and all in our pj's.

  • The greetings that I receive from my dogs and horses, they don't speak but they show so much love

  • Sharing a catch up and bottle of wine at a friend's kitchen table

  • Brand new towels

  • Clean bedding

  • New lipgloss

  • Phone calls with my sister

  • Long lunches with all of my Family

  • Seeing photos of my friends' children as they grow up

  • Laughing with my friends

Please share your favourite simple pleasures!

No comments: