Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How funny that I have only just remembered I even have this account! Over 3 years have passed but I am back with my musings..

So what has changed in that time? Well the business went, so I am no longer selling lingerie and other assorted fun stuff to Surrey husewives - have moved in to the mobile data capture arena and am helping Customers with different needs! Oh, I am 32 weeks pregnant with our second baby - boy this time - and this is where I shall resume my tales...

The trials of bathing...
Whilst pregnant
Alone in the house
In a small bath

Monday morning when I woke I was in agony. I have SPD in my hip which has gradually got worse and on Monday was a killer, I couldn't even get out of bed. Definately couldn't make it to work so called midwife made an appointment and was told to relax, put my feet up and get a support belt. Urgh. Mum agreed to come over and drive me, but I had an hour or so before her arrival, so I decided that in order to ease my gereatric type pains I would run myself a nice hot bath, and try to relax for a bit.

So, bath run I ease my ever expanding body in to the miriad of bubbles and lie there enjoying my cup of tea and the fact that I am not in pain for a bit! After about 15 minutes and with much reluctance I decide I should be getting out. Problem, this is easier said than done. I try and push myself out (no bath handles) OUCH a shooting pain goes through my hip. I cant turn on to my front, too fat, I cant pull myself up, too heavy. Bugger. I sit there for a few minutes trying to work out my next plan of action.. Never hugely rational, the image of my Mother entering my house some 50 minutes later to find her eldest daughter sitting up to her boobs in cold bath water, white and naked is the only thing I can think of! After a couple of minutes and spurred on by the abhorrance of my previous thoughts - I let half the bathwater out and with tremendous and not altogether painless effort, haul myself out of the tub. Phew.

Note to self, probably best not bathe without anyone around in future, or at the very least take mobile in to bathroom just in case!!!

No comments: